general Mesa QC issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAZZGEAR

Reaction score
It's not just the Roadster, the problem exists with the RK II, especially the tuner mute.

And I do agree I think, that, unfortunately, QC has been quite poor :( in the 21st century.

...up through the 90s, I can say that QC was very good.

they call back within 30 to 60 minutes if you leave them a message. they email you within a day or two, even if you use the email you listed above. what other amp company do you know does any of this? i've had nothing but great experiences with their customer service. i can call them right before a gig to ask a question and feel confident doing so b/c they call right back.

i have heard of maybe 2 or 3 cases in the years i've been on this board where a mesa broke down due to something other than a tube failure. if that's not QC, i don't know what is.

as for the footswitch popping issues, all rectifiers going back several years have had this problem. it's just built up voltages that come out as a pop when you switch the channel. the solution is to flick the switches back and forth several times while the amp is in standby or right after you turn it on to let the voltages clear through. after that, you won't hear another pop until you turn the amp off and start again.

I wonder if some of the QC issues have to do with increasing complexity (the RK and Roadsters in particular). I compare it to BMW and Benz having so many QC issues (esp. Benz!) in the early 2000s. So mutch stuff going on that there are bound to be glitches. 4 channels is a lot to stuff in one chassis and with that Progresive Linkage stuff . . . I know its not an excuse, but I can see how some of the new amps are having glitches.

My Rectoverb head and my new Stiletto Ace are rock solid. no weird glitches, awesome tone. much better build quality than Marshall in both cases although my Ace seems to have even better fit and finish than my 2004 model Recto. The biggest issue I have had with a Mesa is a noisy preamp tube.

Back