GAS is the root of all evil!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260227516664&indexURL=5&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

I know it's probably not the best deal, but it was exactly the color that I would have chosen if I bought a new one.

I've been thinking about a Lonestar, Tremoverb or Rectoverb for a long time. I saw this yesterday and I had to jump on it.

I'll probably have to sell the DC-3, 66 Pro Reverb, and my Warmoth guitar, to help pay for it, but it's exactly what I've been looking for.

The only thing I wish it had was the 10 watt setting.

I just turned down 2 thiele cabs, which I could have used with the DC-3, because I'm broke. Now I go and do this! :lol: :roll: :lol: I wouldn't have bought it, but the guy was cool enough to let me ask him questions for about 1/2 an hour over the phone.

I will most likely need speaker suggestions. The Celestion Gold is only rated for 50 watts (I think). What do you guys use in yours??????

I've been thinking for a long time that I need to thin the herd.

I never play the Pro Reverb, although it's one of the best sounding amps in my collection.

I always head to a channel switching amp that has great cleans. Usually my Heartbreaker or DC-10. Then, I play clean most of the time and only switch channels when I want to throw some leads in.

It doesn't make any sense to have a bunch of 1 trick ponies sitting around that are not getting played. I would rather have a few really nice amps that make me want to play them.

:D :D :D Plus, this one is a looker. :D :D :D

That's not a bad deal and the Gold in it is way nice. Some guy was selling a LSC locally for $1000 on craigslist and I passed it up. Still kicking myself in the *** for it.

What is GAS?

omghi2u said:
That's not a bad deal and the Gold in it is way nice. Some guy was selling a LSC locally for $1000 on craigslist and I passed it up. Still kicking myself in the *** for it.

What is GAS?

G.A.S- Gear Acquisition Syndrome. It's a double edged sword :D

I'm hoping the Gold speaker sounds great. But, it's only rated at 50 watts. I bet it doesn't take me very long to blow it. That's why I'm thinking about replacing before I do.

Back