GAS-ing for a Schecter

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtb226

Reaction score
ok. so i'm really GAS-ing for a Schecter right now. probably something like this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-006-Elite-Diamond-Series-Guitar_W0QQitemZ330106971015QQihZ014QQcategoryZ121166QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

can someone tell me some pros/cons of Schecter? i've never played one before, and i'm not sure if any stores around me have them.

i'm thinking i want to sell my telecaster (69 thinline reissue) and get something else that will be more condusive to the music i'm playing (hard rock/modern rock). i play an epi LP right now as my main stage guitar, just b/c i don't care if it gets beat up.

any info on schecter would be greatly appreciated, along with research i'm doing on the net about them. thanks!

Pick up the latest issue of Guitar Player. They have a short review of one of the Schecters. They liked it alot.

jtb226 said:
ok. so i'm really GAS-ing for a Schecter right now. probably something like this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-006-Elite-Diamond-Series-Guitar_W0QQitemZ330106971015QQihZ014QQcategoryZ121166QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

can someone tell me some pros/cons of Schecter? i've never played one before, and i'm not sure if any stores around me have them.

i'm thinking i want to sell my telecaster (69 thinline reissue) and get something else that will be more condusive to the music i'm playing (hard rock/modern rock). i play an epi LP right now as my main stage guitar, just b/c i don't care if it gets beat up.

any info on schecter would be greatly appreciated, along with research i'm doing on the net about them. thanks!

Hello jtb226,
I own 4 Schecters presently. I find them to be the best "bang for the buck" guitarwise today. I equate their popularity to Ibanez's '80 explosion. The guitars are solid, professionally set up right out of the box. My only issue with a couple of Schecter's I have, were the electronics. I've swapped out the pots(under $10) and pickups in all of mine. Once this is done you will have one killer player! Now if you want all the marbles get a Hellraiser, Blackjack or Artist series. Seymour Duncan or EMG pickups come with the guitars. You can't go wrong with these, I highly recommend them!

i was looking at the hellraisers and the artists. they both look really nice. i like the 006 model's body shape because it is completely different than anything i have. i guess i'll just have to see if my tele sells (have it listed on craigslist, but havne't heard anything from it yet.

Put it up on Gbase.com. Here's my latest adoption...

Loomis.jpg

what is it? can't really tell from the pic.

i love the look of this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SCHECTER-00-SERIES-006-ELITE-BLACK-CHERRY_W0QQitemZ280103738528QQihZ018QQcategoryZ121166QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Ok, I've got a 00' Schecter C-1+, and I agree that the electronics are shotty...my toggle switch has issues and the "Duncan Designed" pickups aren't that great. I've noticed that they now come with a coil tapping option on the tone knob.

I really want a PRS Custom model, but was thinking about turning this into a mock PRS. The body is mohagany with a flamed maple top, neck is mohagany with rosewood fretboard, good tuners (Grover), good bridge (Tone Pros w/string through body)....

Now for the conversion...I was thinking about ripping out the guts and having a tech install new wiring and pots with Dragon II pickups with coil tapping capabilities, if possbile.

What do you all think? Has anyone else tried this particular mod?

I recently picked up a Hellraiser, and have found that it's very playable. Sounds great through my Mesa F-50, and the longer scale works really well on the drop tuned stuff. Very beefy tone, and good workmanship & finish. It feels solid like my Les Paul, but with a neck and appearance closer to some of the PRSs I've played.

Yeah, schecters rock!! i own a hellraiser and it is amazing, the only problem is with one of the volume pots. Guitar World had a review about them a long time ago that convinced me to buy one.

schecter06 said:
Yeah, schecters rock!! i own a hellraiser and it is amazing, the only problem is with one of the volume pots. Guitar World had a review about them a long time ago that convinced me to buy one.

Just swap it for a CTS pot. :D

I'm in love with the inlay on the C-1 Classic. The guitar has to be Blue, though, haha.

I tried a C-7 Hellraiser and the neck pretty much destroyed me. Too thick :shock: ! So I'm thinkin' a JP7 is next on the GAS list. In white, with piezo.

I own a schecter C/SH-1 semi hollow body, upgraded with a duncan Custom Custom in the bridge and a '59 in the neck... the neck feels great and it really sings!

Back