Gainy clean channel on single rec w/ dimebucker in bridge :(

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chimera963

Reaction score
On the clean channel, even with the gain 1/4 of the way round, it has this annoying gain to it, when I'm using my bridge pickup, a seymour duncan dimebucker.

This is really frustrating, is there anything I can do apart from lowering the pickup? (I don't want to lose the awsome distortion sounds it has currently)

Is there anything I'm able to do to the amp to prevent this? Like tube-wise or something?

Thanks a lot guys.

Where are your mid and bass controls set @? Also, Refer to the FAQ's on the site and I placed some info on getting great clean sounds out of a recto. Its all about power amp volume and then lower preamp settings to compensate for the loud volume--Let me know if this helps!! :wink:

I prefer a middle position (both pups) for clean tones! What mode is that clean channel in?

Check this out--Go all the way towards the bottom for the Clean help:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=6704

:wink:

Ah, that looks very promising. I've always put the channel masters where i need them and then used the output as the master. if i put the output at 12'o'clock and the channel masters at the volume i need, that may do something.

I'll give it a try in the morning, thanks for the tip.

chimera963 said:
Ah, that looks very promising. I've always put the channel masters where i need them and then used the output as the master. if i put the output at 12'o'clock and the channel masters at the volume i need, that may do something.

I'll give it a try in the morning, thanks for the tip.

Absoloutly! Let me know how that works for you! :wink:

My friend has a dimebucker in his guitar and its just the pick up. It is a very hot treble boosting pickup, the best solution is to back your guitar volume control down or back your guitars tone knob down.

whoa, hell that worked. output quite high and using the channel masters to alter the volume. also i stupidly found the clean flicked to 'push' but im not sure if i did that or not.

this dimebucker sounds fucking awsome on cleans, i didnt think it would to be honest, oh god this new pickup completely rules, as does my single rec :D im pretty new to mesa, only got it a few months ago.

Back