Gainfreaks settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjb

Reaction score
Where can one find these - they are referenced repeatedly and I would like to try them - but I have searched for the actual settings without success. Thanks - JB

hal9000MarkIVSettingsGainfreakRevB.jpg

Thanks Random Hero. Wow, I agree with Platypus - 0 for mids and bass on the lead channel. I will reserve judgement until I try it though - I have heard alot of good things about his settings.

For those of you who've tried these settings, are you getting an UNGODLY amount of squealing feedback when the Lead Master is anywhere above 1?

I swapped my preamp tubes, but it is still occurring :?

rockhound76s said:
For those of you who've tried these settings, are you getting an UNGODLY amount of squealing feedback when the Lead Master is anywhere above 1?

I swapped my preamp tubes, but it is still occurring :?

Make sure your midgain switch is not enabled... this is documented in the owner's manual as causing immense squealing.

You might have problems with your house wiring or your Mark IV is connected too close to electrical appliances such as T.V's etc. if your getting squealing above 1. I too had the same problem especially with high output pickups and because I was sitting 4 ft away. Get a noise gate if you want to stay with the Mid Gain switch. For those settings I would just put 2 on bass and 3 on mids. Haven't tried his settings yet but from the looks of things they seem pretty good.

Edit: Treble 10? wtf? Nevermind lol.

Platypus said:
Make sure your midgain switch is not enabled... this is documented in the owner's manual as causing immense squealing.

Checked that already, thanks. I am on harmonics, triode, simul, half power.

fpoon said:
You might have problems with your house wiring or your Mark IV is connected too close to electrical appliances such as T.V's etc. if your getting squealing above 1. I too had the same problem especially with high output pickups and because I was sitting 4 ft away. Get a noise gate if you want to stay with the Mid Gain switch. For those settings I would just put 2 on bass and 3 on mids. Haven't tried his settings yet but from the looks of things they seem pretty good.

I think you might be on to something here. When I have the lead master above 2, and when I have the volume on my guitar rolled off completely the noise floor is really high--a hissing/crackling white noise sound. I used a longer cable and stood much farther from the amp and it was a little better but I think I am getting some interference (condo with a lot of appliances in close range.) I am also using hot pickups--Tom Anderson H1/H3+ so I am sure that has a lot to do with it. I've been thinking about racking my Mark IV anyways, so maybe a Decimator Pro Rack or Rocktron Hush might be in order

Otherwise, the settings sound really great! Very aggressive, yet still articulate and cutting. I can't get away with that kind of volume at home, so I have the lead master at 1.5 and the presence pulled out. I can't wait till the weekend to try them out full tilt at the practice space! :D :)

Latest posts

Back