Gain Problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hold Fast

Reaction score
Ive been checking out this forum for a while now and have finally decided to say 'hi'.

So Ive got this intermittent problem with my rack that has come up lately, any thoughts??

I have a triaxis and a simul 395 and sometimes the volume will drop and lose gain. Clean sounds become almost non-existent. Ive tried changing leads, unplugging processors etc but at some point the problem still occurs. It may be that the tubes are just about worn out (I bought the gear second hand 2 years ago and it could be with original Mesa tubes!), but I cant afford to change them right now. So I feel I must hold back from any more auditions til I get this sorted

I live in the UK and feel the music scene here is quite poor with little in the way of opportunity, mostly crappy little indie bands (I mean look at the Arctic Monkeys, they come from the same city I live in).

Just wondering what the scene is like where you come from?

If its better than here then I might just ask you if I can move in with ya!!

Cheers

Hey, a small music scene can be a good thing. That means less competition as far as getting gigs and everything, assuming that there are gigs to be had.

I live in San Francisco (40 minutes away from the mesa factory). The scene's pretty good here compared to a lot of other cities. There are a lot of places to play in the city, plus it's central to all the satellite suburbs in the bay area, and only 7-8 hours drive from LA. Unfortunately there are no singers. My band's been looking for a singer since september and the one decent one we wanted to go with flaked on us. So if you're a good singer, feel free to come crash on my couch.

And as far as your amp goes, I don't know what the problem could be, sorry! Try calling petaluma if you can afford it.

Hey man nice to meet you? In my country the opportunites are like the null set. Here in Spain people doesn´t wants good brands with a pionner point of view. We have some nonsense music. The people wants only 4/4 with a bass drum in 1&3 here isn´t any place to get a 11/8 or something like lidian scale. People who tryes to do high quality music are deading by starving :cry: So Spain is not a good country for smart music, almost you are a 4/4 and C,F,G chords :)
About the triaxis... Welcome to the jungle :) try to isolate the trouble, play your triaxis alone and see if the drops occurs. I think that the triaxis is the core of your problems

Latest posts

Back