G12T75 x 2 + 2 x V30's Good idea???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_EIT

Reaction score
Hey guys, I currently (As you probably all know by now) run a Mesa Mark IV. I have it going into a Marshall 1960a Lead 4x 12.
Now...
I'm thinking of replacing 2 speakers with V30's cause I do like to retain SOME of the sound of the G12's but I LOVE the v30's
Is this recommended and can I wire them up just how it is now???
Thanks guys

the consensus seems to be yes...this combo is awesome...ive never used it...i only have a 212 and i go with 2 eminence govs (cant justify paying all that extra cash for v30s now that theyre made in chinatown)...i hear they mix well with man o wars which i guess are eminence's 75 copies...i used to have 75s on their own and yuk...horrible trebley **** sound...but i guess they fill in the gaps that the 30s miss...

ps: if you need to buy some 75s hit me up
ive got 2 ill let go for cheap

yes, def a good combo of speaks. just make shure you order 16 ohm vin 30`s, and put then in an X pattern. i`ve got a 1960 a&b jcm800 with this combination and it indeed rocks

Kool, good to hear that I may be on the right track with this hehe!
Sorry but when you say X pattern to do mean:
V30 G12
G12 V30 <----*Cab*?

cause my own idea was to put the v30 in the top positions and g12's on bottom, but the X sounds like a good idea too hehe!
Thanks again guys

Hey guys, I went on Ebay to find 2 v30's which need reconing for only 20bux. Would it be worth my time to buy them and recone or just buy them new???

if you have the time and a reputablr place that recones go for it. myself i`d just shop for the best price, maybe find some on here

haven't heard that combination, but on paper it makes sense. the 75's will have better low end than v30's, and the v30's will have more of the mids that the 75's lack. but then again, the g12h might compliment the v30 better....

Latest posts

Back