G-System Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2warpd

Reaction score
Hey folks just joined and have tried to find an answer to my problem but can't I am trying to use a 4 cable method on my Roadster and am having difficulties. I either get no sound at all or sound but my channels wont switch. It all stays clean. I think I ran the cables right: Guitar into G-System input, G-Sys mono output into front of the amp, effects loop send into G-Sys insert return, effects loop return into G-Sys send. Insert is turned on and locked. I'm stumped and any help would be awesome. Thanks! :D

Are you trying to switch the amp channels with the G system? If so you need another device such as a CFX4 by Axess electronics or and Amp Gizmo byRJM. The problem is that the Roadster requires isolated grounds so you can't use a Y cable. You can switch between two channels with the G but not 4. If you manually switch channels do you get sound?

Just read your post again. You may have the thing hooked up wrong

Guitar to G SYS input
Insert send on G SYS to input of amp
Insert return on G SYS to Effect Send on the Roadster
Mono Output (left) on G SYS to Effect Return on Roadster

This should work better. The amp switching issue is still there

Good Luck

Well that gave me my channels but now I have very little volume. Output on G-Sys is set to 0, Input not clipping and I've messed with the loop level from min to max. Cables are new. Software updated. I bought this thing used and I'm starting to think it's screwed up. Luckily it came from GC so I can return it. :cry:

Sounds like the Insert Loop is not engaged. I had this unit for a while but sold it for various reasons. I ended up getting a TC G-Force and I'm in the process of setting it up wth my rack system.

Make sure the Insert Loop is engaged on the G-System. It happened to me the first time I tried to set it up. If it's not engaged you get very little sound and the input indicator will not clip. Sounds like this is what's happening to you.

In addition, go to TC's page and go to their forum on the G-System. You'll find a lot of information there. Everyone there is very helpful.

Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back