G-Major - Out of Sight - Out of Mind

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken in NC

Reaction score
I have owned a TC electronics G- major for a few years now, and it has resided in my DAW with other rack gear. Recently, I was very discouraged with my chorus and delay effects on my pedal board. I tried everything. I still is very unsatisfied with the type of effects I was getting. I decided to pull the G-Major out from its prior home and route it through my effects loop on my mesa boogie road King. I was floored by how much better it sounded in any of the other external pedals I had been using. I always remember it being a great unit for high-quality effects but when you don't use it for a while it's easy to forget.

I know that it's far as rack gear goes this is kind of an old piece, but I have to say that is absolutely solid multi-effects unit. It's now playing in active role once more in my stage gear.

I had a G-Major but sold it because I hated the interface. Loved the sounds, but it got in the way of the creative process.

I've recently picked a G-Sharp and am very very pleased with it. Same quality, not as much power, but very easy to dial in exactly the sound I'm thinking of in just a few seconds.

Ken in NC said:
I have owned a TC electronics G- major for a few years now, and it has resided in my DAW with other rack gear. Recently, I was very discouraged with my chorus and delay effects on my pedal board. I tried everything. I still is very unsatisfied with the type of effects I was getting. I decided to pull the G-Major out from its prior home and route it through my effects loop on my mesa boogie road King. I was floored by how much better it sounded in any of the other external pedals I had been using. I always remember it being a great unit for high-quality effects but when you don't use it for a while it's easy to forget.

I know that it's far as rack gear goes this is kind of an old piece, but I have to say that is absolutely solid multi-effects unit. It's now playing in active role once more in my stage gear.

Please tell me about the spill over delays and reverbs.

Are the usuable? Are they easy to mod

How fast is channel switching via midi pedal?

Latest posts

Back