G MAJOR AND DUAL REC HELP (Now in the correct section) haha

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempest1226

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'll try to make this as un newbie as I possibly can. haha. Although it just will be. Ok. Ive been fighting this g major/dual rec hookup for a while and decided to just try getting the results/answers on here because i always have good luck on this board. Right now I have my dual rec fx loop going into a loop on my gcx channel switcher and then into my g major. BUt you can ignore the gcx because thats just amiddle man. I have it set with kill dry on (as suggested), Parallel because i was told dual recs are parallel amps, it is set on PRO rather than CONSUMER, Dither is on 24 Bits, The output range is set at 20dbu. I never really messed with the Midi/utilities function. I have my input and output volume knobs on the left set of the g major all the way up and my dual recs send and return at around 12:00. Although I have expiremented changing them everywhich way. The problem I am having is that whenever i have the fx input volume (i guess you would call it) up, I can hear all the effects but there is what i would describe as a tunnel sound with it. For ex. the Delay trails are muffeled and not crystal clear as with say a normal boss DD-6 Stomp. THe closest ive come to getting rid of that with the delay is when i lower the fx volume and raise the delay wet to 100% but then you cant hear and modulations like chorus,flange, etc, because the fx level is too low. I know this is scrambled but before i give up on this 3 month venture so far, i was hoping there would be someone that has expirence with this same or simular setup. Thank you so much for your time. -ron

it means "read the effing manual".sorry i cant help any further im not good with that stuff,good luck.

you want your dual rec signal set at 100% so it becomes as close to series as possible without actually being series. Adjust the rest to suit

thats ok. Im actually using a gsystem but i had similar problems as the dual rec manual suggestions making your fx system 100% wet. Then it sounds ****.

Im very happy with my sound and my dual rec is on 100% mix and the send is around 11 but you can adjust as you'd like. My fx settings are a out the box. As a rough guide my delay might be mixed in at about 15%. Im not sure if this is applicable to the g major but it is important to get your input and output gain correct to get the most out your box

Latest posts

Back