G Force Whammy?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredp322

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone ever set up a TC Electronic G Force (not the G major) as a whammy effect? I currently use a G Major w/ my Triaxis and 2:90 mainly because of the dedicated whammy and boost functions. I have a few QC issues with the G Major and want to upgrade to the G Force, but, still need a whammy patch for the music we do. Any advice would be appreciated...

If all you need is whammy then you should check out the GSP1101.

For a really good whammy I have heard a lot of people digging the Axe FX on top of being a stellar preamp.

Greg

+1 disass

I currently use the GSP1101 and use the whammy. I also have the DigiTech Whammy and the 1101 sounds fine in comparison. As I have not used the G Force, I can't comment on a comparison, but the GSP1101 sounds good to my ears after having used many other effects processors.

I have the G-force and occasionally use the whammy. I think it kind of lacks depth, and isn't as intuitive as the real thing. Then again, I have a pretty cheap midi floorboard with fairly low quality expression pedals.

The harmonizer function is a lot better luckily.

I recently got the G-Force. The whammy function was one of the selling points for me. I have yet to completely dial it in to do what I want but I've just stumbled upon a revelation in the manual so right now all I can say is that it's really cool. But, if I can dial it in, I'll come back and say that it's UBER-REALLY cool. 8)

Since you already use the G-Major, I'm sure you could get just as good, if not better results with G-Force. I didn't know the G-Major has whammy capability. :eek:

Don't know how much of a difference good pedals will make but check my sig for mine and I'm quite happy with them. :D

the gmajor has a whammy function.

Expression Pedals
Use up to four connected Expression pedals to change parameter values. Which parameter the expression pedal control, is set at preset level. This means that even with a single expression pedal connected you can vary its function form, preset to preset. In one preset it could act as Volume control, in another as a Whammy – or what about free control of Reverb level, the Depth of a Chorus or…..?

The options are endless – and you CAN really express yourself!

dave

Latest posts

Back