G-Force vs G-Major

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icetrey

Reaction score
Is the difference in quality (sound & durability) really worth the difference in price? I plan on running it with a GCX Ground Control Pro wich I still have to buy also.

From what I have read on other posts, you should compare the capabilities of each.

If the G-Major has what you need get that. If you need stuff like intelligent pitch shift, the G-Force fits that bill.

Some people like to keep it simple and get just what they need, others like more bells and whistles to play around, and still others need it to be complex.

I would look at G-System as well since that gives you the pedalboard and I believe is the same price as the G-Force with only a few differences in the options.

I lusted after that for awhile but am still on the fence as I get by with my clean sound and my dirty sound just fine.

Ok, thanks. I've kinda looked at the G-System a little. I've done a lil research on a lot of different systems so it's all kinda starting to blend together. Guess I should write this stuff down. Just wanted to see you guys opinions since I know yall have good taste in amps. If anybody else wants to add I'd love to hear your opinion. Especially, if you have the G-Major. What's your likes and dislikes?

I just dumped my 10 year old Gforce for about 800 bucks and bought a used Gmajor for 200.

The sound quality is exactly the same. The gmajor is easier, has relay switching which the
gforce doesnt and with 600 bucks back in my pocket I can buy myself some nice new pedals
for my new switching system.

My bottom line? I wish the gmajor was around back in 1999. ;)
Check out the gmajor 2 as well. :)

I love my G-Major. Really transparent, great sounding effects that are as simple or as complicated as you want them to be. Makes a great all in one unit. [a big bonus is the 3 band fully parametric EQ!]

-dave

The G-Major actually has a faster processor in it, since it is quite a bit newer. The G-Major, however, has A LOT more effects, parameters, and control options. I don't think either would be any more durable than the other, and TC Electronic units always have flawless sound quality. My Triaxis Rig originally had a G-Force. It was awesome sounding and a tweaker's delight. I sold it for a flat grand and replaced it with a G-Major for about $450. While cool, I didn't use most of the options the G-Force had to offer, so the G-Major had many of the same great sounds in a slimmed down format. I took the money I saved and retubed my Triaxis and 2:90, and I had money left over when it was all said and done. I've since gone back to a head and old school pedalboard, but that rig did sound fantastic.

Here is an in depth comparison between the two.
http://www.musicplayers.com/reviews/guitars/2007/0307_TCElectronic_G.php

Wow, that is very in depth. I believe I'm just gonna go with the G-Major and if I'm not satisfied I can always upgrade. Thanks a lot.

There's a new version (2) of the G-Major available. It has more features than it's predecessor (more like a G-Force).
http://www.tcelectronic.com/g-Major2.asp has the details.

jbw

Latest posts

Back