G FORCE SAME AS G MAJOR

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_cor

Reaction score
Apparently the G force uses the exact same components the G major uses in the A/D to D/A converteres so it squashes tone just as easily as the G major does, this is what the guy at the TC electronics said ( not th part about squashign tone , but using same parst)

GintownSound said:
"Squashing tone" is not how I'd describe a G-Force.

I didnt' want to believe it myself but it came from the person himsefl that the G major uses the same converters as the G force and the G major is a tone squasher so i'd have to say that about hte g force unless

Well that is interesting. I always thought the G-Force had better A/D and D/C converters than the G-Major. Knowing this I doubt I'd ever upgrade to a G-Force.

Ciao ...

I've e-mailed them before, they really aren't a helpful bunch at all!

Ciao ...

I've just upgraded to the 'force' and have to say it kick's ***! I say this with a full background using the Rocktron intellifex ltd and just recently with the xpression (which I have to say falls way behind what the intellifex sounded like...to my ears anyway)

And as a new user I have E-mailed TC on a few occasions and have always had a reply within a few days, and yes with helpfull and insightful answers :D

regards
-------------------------------------

• Triaxis
    20/20
    Boogie Trad 4*12 Rectifier Cab
    G-force (with G-Card)
    Rocktron Midimate
    Parker Fly Delux
    US Fender 'Malmsteen
    1988 US Jackson Dinky
    US Fender anniverasy Strat
    Peavey Quilt top Wolfgang US

Nick_cor said:
GintownSound said:

I didnt' want to believe it myself but it came from the person himsefl that the G major uses the same converters as the G force and the G major is a tone squasher so i'd have to say that about hte g force unless

I respectfully disagree......I used the G Major for many years with my Triaxis rack -- and it was anything but a tone squasher....the Rocktron Intellifex on the other hand, was -- at least IMO.

I currently use the G Force, have been for the last 5 years -- and the result is nothing other then clean, unadulterated (other than the effects added) tone.

JAZZGEAR said:
Nick_cor said:
GintownSound said:

I respectfully disagree......I used the G Major for many years with my Triaxis rack -- and it was anything but a tone squasher....the Rocktron Intellifex on the other hand, was -- at least IMO.

I currently use the G Force, have been for the last 5 years -- and the result is nothing other then clean, unadulterated (other than the effects added) tone.

so jazzgear, since you've had both at one point in time, which would you say is the most transparent? I find the G major is a tone killer, you turn it on and even if you set the same volume levels with FX bypass, it just sounds different and I don't like that,

I found the G-Major only slightly alters the tone on channel four of my Roadster. All other channels the G-Major appears transparent.

Ciao ...

I don´t believe that both machines are the same, to see the converters is so easy just open one gmajor and a gforce and look inside for the converters.
If anybody could upload inside pics of both machines we could see if they had the same converters

the converters must to be smd great IC usually called with something like ADC or DAC
check this photo
http://eddie.dyec.com.tw/diy-demo/audio-diy/dac/dac4397/4397image/4397cap.jpg
anyway you could take some photos of similar components and if you send them to me I will identify the correct converters

Okay, tomorrow I will open my G-Major and take a few happy snaps. You'll then need to find someone to do the same with the G-Force.

Ciao ...

Okay, my digital camera is crap so in the pictures you can't read the chip details. However, I have made a .doc file with a legend that identifies the chips along with the pictures. I hope this is enough.

The .rar file can be downloaded HERE

Ciao ...

Latest posts

Back