fx with Recto.... what's everyone using

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lookslikemeband said:
On my DR's the only thing I run in the loop is a compressor and EQ.

i got my compressor in front of the amp (actually, it's the first pedal, after my tuner). you find it fits better in the loop? maybe i should try it :)

Newysurfer said:
Djurso - yeah - I hear ya. From all reports there's very little diff between the Pod, Tonelab and the GT8 - pro's and cons on both sides. I went for the GT8 cause it's the most versatile. You can use the GT8 as a midi controller - it has midi in and out so you can use it to control anything else. Plus it has the options with by-passing it's pre-amp or not. Another good feature of the GT8 is that you have full control over the effects chain and can order it any way you want.

But I'd hang out for an AXE -FX if you can. I think everything else is a toy compared to that. I'm waiting for Fractal to sort out the foot controller issue before I get one. The owner is currently working on a dedicated foot controller/exp pedal. I'm also hoping the price will come down next year :D

yeah i'm definitely considering holding out..... i also heard (and this is a while ago) he's designing a more watered down version basically without the ability to stack 2 amp models in one patch plus less effects.... i still kick myself in the *** for not buying one last year when he dropped the price down to $995 in order to get rid of stock to build new ones.... thats before many people knew about them..... once they got introduced to the Line 6 board it created a frenzy among them and people were jumping off the vetta ship once they realized there was a better way to do modelling

anyway thanks for the info on the gt8 as right now i think that may be the route if i can't be patient..... i think i'll just go to GC and try both the GT8 and the XT Live and see how they do

Latest posts

Back