FX Loop Mod for Series II Single Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, im gona attempt this mod...
Here is a pic of my insides...

So just to be sure.. I cut all 3 wires from the loop knob, tape of the left grey wire, completly remove the middle wire, and then the very right wire gets soldered into the middle hole ..

am I correct ?

P1230425.jpg

Ok I thought it worked... but I am still getting an issue when using 4cm and trying to remove volume using the voume pedal on the Boss GT-10 I still get 20% of sound.... on full vol removal..

Here is my mod
Before the mod - factory standard
P1230425.jpg

after the mod and yes I didn't have a soldering iron, I will get one, so I just used electrical tape, and wound the wires together...

P1230882.jpg

Domct203 Wrong! You forgot to tie (issolate) down the third wire in your drawing. It is connected in any switch position. Better to post proper instructions than to post garbage like this.

If you want to do the series and parallel switch for the type of loop you need to use a 3PDT swtich. Then your third wire gets issolated just like Mesa boogie's techs specify. This is how I did mine today and it works perfectly

WP_000076.jpg

You might want to stick with guitar playing since your electronics knowledge is not very good.
Mine is good since I have my college diploma as a Electronics Technologist

Thanks to the board member that gave me the hand drawn image of the series loop mod that a Mesa tech gave them. I went by this drawing for this re-design of switching to either parallel or series loop. Now I have mesa that rocks.

NWOFORLIF

domct203 said:
It looks like you could even throw a DPDT switch in and choose either Series or Parallel.

seriesloop.jpg

Dom

Latest posts

Back