FX Loop Mod for Recto+ROV+TOV+SOLO 50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvk

Reaction score
Series Loop Mod

This mode applies to:
  • - Rectifier 2CH
    - Rectoverb series 2
    - Tremoverb series 1
    - Solo 50 series 1

Here's the 'famous' series loop mod that people have been asking for - I don't know why it hasn't been posted before, apart from being easy to perform it's hardly a secret...

Proceed with caution and if you bugger up your amp then it's your own fault and not mine:)
No FX Loop at footswitch mod

Aparrently this mod fixes the problem of loosing the ability to switch the loop on the FU-2 bigfoot which occurs when the series loop mod is applied. Those of you that have performed it / had it done, was this it?
In return, I ask for schematics of F-series and the Roadking - or even gutshots. I know they exist out there...

JK

Thanks for posting that jvk. If I come across either of those schems I will post them here. Peace -Frank

P.S. Mods, can we get a sticky on this?

Hi! great info, jvk! I see the mod is for recto solo head series 1, and rectoverb series 2. i have a recto solo head series two, and looked inside it. looks just like the rectoverb-loop....it is the same amp excepr for the reverb. sp looks like you can do the same with series 2 recto solo head.
recto solo head series 2 loop:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/andershoeg/singlerectoseries2loop.jpg

I also have an F30 combo. Took a picture of its loop. Looks a little like the recto-loop, but i am not able to see where the wires go from the pot though.
Looks like this:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/andershoeg/F30loop.jpg

B.r. andershoeg

nice pics andershoeg:

Recto solo head series 2 loop:

singlerectoseries2loop.jpg

The loop on the F30 looks similar, the mod might work, just maybe:

F30loop.jpg

As I look at this, it seems to me that all you're doing is bypassing the wet/dry mix knob (in essence, keeping you at 100% wet).

Is that correct, or is this mod doing something else?

I tried this mod when I had a single recto Series2, and you still have a bleed when you're on CH2 modern mode.

the thing is that the bleeds goes thru the fx loop tube...

I have a tech that moded my currently 98' 2ch DR, abd there's almost no bleet at all but the thing is that when I want to power an ext preamp, pluged in the return, there's no way to control the volume (cause there is no master vol placed after the return and before the power section.

obviously it can be done on the 3 channel because Voodoo Amps offers the mod service.. I just wonder what's involved and what drawbacks there might be..(no solo boost,no master volume, loop always on,etc) I would think that you could disable the "dry mix" all together by moving a wire or two.. perhaps make it switchable... looks like I'm going to have to take my recto apart and find out :cry:

Hey, nice to see this, but I am not a FX man at all.
Can someone please tell me what the essential difference is between serial and parallel FX loop. I know how it theoritical works, but I don't have practical experience, because I don't use my loop.

Just being curious. Also what are the drawbacks of this mod ?

And if the dry/wet knob is bypassed as mentioned, this means we have an extra knob left! Great for some build in effect or something =)

Hi,

I own a rectoverb series 2 and was wondering if by doing this mod the FX loop could be foot swichable? If so, which pedal do you need to make it work?

Thanks

Gaz

Giving it a bump, since there seems to be some interest :)

I hereby declare this thread undead. I just popped the cover off my recto preamp. It has 6 wires on the effects mix knob. Meaning there are two little circuit boards on the knob, each with 3 wires. Total of 6 wires. WTF?

Kevin

If you take a picture we can clear it up.

Thanks chief, but I don't want to screw with it. I'm so so frign tired of wrenching on things. Seems nobody can make anything correctly these days. I though mesa would be different.

I'm just not going to use the loop is all. I'm going to get a Gig Rig
black_midi8.jpg

And do it the way we did back in the olden tymz with stomp boxes.

Kevin

Whatever rocks your boat dude. Mesa's quality of products and design philosophies is ok and putting a fixed parallel loop in the Rectos isn't their biggest crime :)

Does this mod fix the tone loss when you turn the loop on? I've got a tremoverb and when the loop is engaged, the tone changes for the worse.

No this mod will not fix your problem. Check your V4 preamp tube. With the loop engaged, the entire signal from the preamp in your TOV is sent through the V4 tube and fed back into the poweramp. Either the tube is dying or there's something wrong with some of the other components in the loop circuit. I'd try replacing V4 for now, report back here and we'll see what we can do.

jvk said:
No this mod will not fix your problem. Check your V4 preamp tube. With the loop engaged, the entire signal from the preamp in your TOV is sent through the V4 tube and fed back into the poweramp. Either the tube is dying or there's something wrong with some of the other components in the loop circuit. I'd try replacing V4 for now, report back here and we'll see what we can do.

Interesting... I will give that a try! So, are you saying that in a normal working Tremoverb the tone with the FX loop on should sound as good as with the FX loop off?

Latest posts

Back