fx loop and output level..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssmband

Reaction score
Im debating to get a single or dual recto head...

the newer duals have a footswitchable fx loop, the single rectos dont. and if get a dual recto i would like to turn a eq on or off by the footswitch when i switch channels without a jump in volume.

but if i cant do this on a dual i might as well save a couple hundred and get a single recto.

so is there a way to the turn the fx loop on and off on the fly without a jump in volume on the dual recto?

ssmband said:
Im debating to get a single or dual recto head...the newer duals have a footswitchable fx loop, the single rectos dont. and if get a dual recto i would like to turn a eq on or off by the footswitch when i switch channels without a jump in volume. but if i cant do this on a dual i might as well save a couple hundred and get a single recto. so is there a way to the turn the fx loop on and off on the fly without a jump in volume on the dual recto?
Yes, buy a Mark IV instead. :lol:

Sweet... thanks for the info. :D Now if i can only find an extra 200 or so for it...

I think there are more concerns when deciding between a 50 or 100 watt amp, than effects loop levels or $$? :?

im able to run a 1970's marshall superlead one hundred (not mine) at 6 where i play cause we keep our amps (only two electric guitarist) off stage in different rooms and have soundpanels around each cab... so i think if i got a dual i "SHOULD" be able to run it around 4 if not 5 or so... but correct me if im wrong about that...

you're talkin volume at 6? I run my output at 2. My master for my red channel is at about 8. Turn the master much above 8 and you will be blown away, atleast with a triple.

I run the masters so low and the output so high to drive the power tubes harder. Sounds ALOT better IMO

i always have to put in a plug for this...seriously consider a used 2channel recto. they have much better tone than the current rectos. being a marshall guy, i think you would know something about this...

Elpelotero said:
i always have to put in a plug for this...seriously consider a used 2channel recto. they have much better tone than the current rectos. being a marshall guy, i think you would know something about this...

i've never had the opportunity to play one myself, but if i come across one, i will try it out.

And im 16, not a man. I just have to opportunity to play with people older and more skilled that me. So im still learning alot about tone and stuff.

triple rectumfrier said:
ssmband said:
Master volume at 6.. theres only one volume on the superlead 100..

I was talking 2 oclock. I didnt clarify sorry.

haha.. i figured.. i dont know anyone who could play with the master at 8 on a triple recto...

ssmband said:
im able to run a 1970's marshall superlead one hundred (not mine) at 6 where i play cause we keep our amps (only two electric guitarist) off stage in different rooms and have soundpanels around each cab... so i think if i got a dual i "SHOULD" be able to run it around 4 if not 5 or so... but correct me if im wrong about that...
So what's the question here? Who cares what you "SHOULD" be able to run it at? The question should be: Can a 50 watter handle the demands of your situation, or will a 100 watt head be more beneficial? With your situation, why would'nt you go for a Dual?

^ if that is the question go for a Dual!!

If you have the cash take a triple. lower your channel masters and raise the hell out of your output level. It will sound amazing regardless. The more headroom will be appealing to you. What kind of music are you playing?

jbird said:
ssmband said:
So what's the question here? Who cares what you "SHOULD" be able to run it at? The question should be: Can a 50 watter handle the demands of your situation, or will a 100 watt head be more beneficial? With your situation, why would'nt you go for a Dual?

Im am going for the dual.. but i just dont have to money now.. and i dont have a job.. took saling everything i had to get what i have now.. so i just have to be patience.. but thats hard cause i want one now..

If all i was getting was a 50 extra watt and there wasnt footswitchable fx and 3 channels on the dual.. then i would probably get the single cause i dont really see pay 300-400 more for 50 more watts and could get by with 50 watts. but that imo

triple rectumfrier said:
^ if that is the question go for a Dual!!

If you have the cash take a triple. lower your channel masters and raise the hell out of your output level. It will sound amazing regardless. The more headroom will be appealing to you. What kind of music are you playing?

I am going for the dual... i dont know about a triple though thats alot more power than i can even use (iso panels only do so much) and i dont think i well have the money for it..

Im playing mainly for a church and band right now, at the church were playing alot of covers from.. nickelback, aerosmith, underoath, coldplay, the fray.. so just alot of different stuff and of stuff from hillsong.. the band is heavyer stuff "non mid scooped". trying to get in to blues a little just to learn some stuff to..

Thats awesome, just be patient, use what you have as long as possible, and do not settle for less. You said you were 16 right? I had a Line 6 Flextone II halfer when I was 16. Finally got my Triple when I was 18. Saved up everything I had.

Save up and get exactly what you want, these amps last forever.

That is correct.. I had a Vox Tonelab SE and used that for about 5 months then sold that. Im glad i got one, cause it taught me alot about the different sounds of amps and tones... Thanks for the help dude.

Back