FX issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyc80

Reaction score
Hi,

I seem to be having an issue in getting my delay pedals to function in the FX loop.

I am also suffering a lot of volume loss drop, I can compensate this with the send return volume but this destroys the delay quality.

I'm using the TC electronics flashback delay and the vox time machine. I've tried the dip switches and it's no better.

I seem to be running the main output pretty high, almost 12 o'clock and the channel on clean is just about 1 o'clock and its no where near gig volume with the fx loop down so much?

Any advice, or any UK mesa boogie dudes fancy sending me a pm with a number I could have a chat with you and see if I can get a resolution.

Got a gig tomoz :-(

Cheers

My DD20 sounds like crap through the FX loop and way better out front.
Doesn't address your issue but if you're in a pinch, it might be an alternative.

I have no problems with the Flashback in the loop of any of my Mesas, your Time Machine may not have enough headroom. Try it with just the TC pedal and see if the issue goes away. If it does, the Vox is the culprit.

No issues here with a TC Flashback either. As suggested, try with just the Vox pedal to see if the issue is present with just that pedal. If not, then try with just the Flashback.

If the issue doesn't change at all with those steps, try connecting a cable directly from the FX send to the FX return and activate the FX Loop. If the issue still occurs, it could potentially be a tube issue or some other issue with the FX loop. At that point it might be in your best interest to contact Mesa support and get their input.

jb's 52 said:
Doesn't address your issue but if you're in a pinch, it might be an alternative.

I just bought a used 5 a couple of days ago and found when connecting my DD20 and Ch1 in the loop it wasn't right. Worked fine in my triple rec, but found the chorus ruined the signal on or off, and the delay sounded really off. In the DD20 manual, I found you can set the ouput level from -10db to +4db. You power the unit up and hold the effect on pedal whilst doing so and select mode 3 with the wheely button. Hope this helps.

I found the Ch1 was unable to handle the fx level though, and sapped loads of tone and volume even when the effect was off whenever I activated the loop. Im looking into an MXR as Ive heard they can handle higher signals.

BTW I set the fx loop vol at 12 oclock

laffinarab said:
jb's 52 said:

I just bought a used 5 a couple of days ago and found when connecting my DD20 and Ch1 in the loop it wasn't right. Worked fine in my triple rec, but found the chorus ruined the signal on or off, and the delay sounded really off. In the DD20 manual, I found you can set the ouput level from -10db to +4db. You power the unit up and hold the effect on pedal whilst doing so and select mode 3 with the wheely button. Hope this helps.

I found the Ch1 was unable to handle the fx level though, and sapped loads of tone and volume even when the effect was off whenever I activated the loop. Im looking into an MXR as Ive heard they can handle higher signals.

BTW I set the fx loop vol at 12 oclock

Yep...tried messing with the +/- and I still didn't like it in the loop. I have a bypass loop switch so I can take it out of the signal path. The buffer bugs me when the effect isn't on.

Latest posts

Back