fuses

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I keep blowing fuses in my dual rec. and i cant figure out why can someone help please I've blown 2 in the last month so far luckly not at a show, the last time I had my amp only on about 2 hours during practice and it blew and when the fuse blows the there is a blue flash in the back (i saw it through the grate in the front when it blew) I bought this amp because everybody told me how realiable they are and so far its done nothing but let me down I bought it brand new and I've owned it for about a year now and put new tubes in as soon as I bought it cause the mesa stock tubes suck.
and no I was not pushing it abscenly hard around stage volume thats it .
help please

You got a bad tube in there somewhere...just because they're new doesn't necessarily mean they are all good. Take a look back there while you're playing and look for any oddities. If it pops fuses while on standby, its a rectifier. If it happens while playing, its most likely a power tube.

so its a tube that sucks those tubes are pretti much new.... but most likely its a power tube right? not a pre amp tube? what causes that?
thanks guys

It's not 100% sure, but usually when you have fuse blow problems, its one of the tubes...pre or power, you just gotta check 'em all. The only other contiuous fuse blow problem I had was with an old Deluxe Reverb...the capacitors had dried out after only 30 or so years...the nerve of 'em...and were tripping the fuse.

Check your tubes...I think that is probably it.

RB

Hi Guys,
If a fuse blows in a recto re-install a new fuse, take it off the tube rectifier setting, if it fires up no problem, it is a bad rectifier tube, if it still blows, then it is a power tube.
Hope this helps.

Steve

drunkdolphin said:
Hi Guys,
If a fuse blows in a recto re-install a new fuse, take it off the tube rectifier setting, if it fires up no problem, it is a bad rectifier tube, if it still blows, then it is a power tube.
Hope this helps.

Steve
.............this has 5U4gb written all over it... :x

Does a DR have 50/100W as an option? If so, you can play in 50W and see if the fuse blows. In 50W it only uses the 2 outside power tubes. If it blows in 50W, swap the inside with the outside and try it again.

cnumb44 said:
Does a DR have 50/100W as an option? If so, you can play in 50W and see if the fuse blows. In 50W it only uses the 2 outside power tubes. If it blows in 50W, swap the inside with the outside and try it again.

I dont think they have this option, but you could always pull 2 tubes.

Latest posts

Back