Funny thing happened on the way to buy a Mark IV...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UsrName

Reaction score
I ended up with this:

2vn0s3o.jpg

I was all set to buy another Mark IV, (my third!), when I came across a deal I couldn't pass up on the Mark V, so I jumped on it! Kinda makes up for all the upside down deals I've made. :oops:

I haven't had a chance to tweak yet, but from I can tell, channels 1 and 3 sound great, but I still have to play around with channel two, (trying to get a vintage/classic rock tone). Although, this was at very low volumes; I'm sure it comes alive in a band setting, which I hope to test this weekend.

I love the MKIIC+ setting, (80s metal anyone?), and the MKIV setting sounds faithful. Also, the cleans sound better to me than the MKIV -a little more lively. The solo boost is also a very welcome addition -one less pedal! It has everything I wished my Mark IV had and more! :D

Now I have to save for a widebody Thiele for a mini stack! :shock:

Awesome!...I just got mine and I'm so pleased.

Lots of great threads in the forum to help you get running. Try the fx in hard bypass mode...it disables overall master and solo..but boy does it do a number on the tone.

LOL Nice one...! You'll be ecstatic with it, especially with the extension.....I used to find a 2x12 horizontal rectifier cab.
With its V30s, it is really nice balancing sound with the C90....really adds depth and low mids that the combo can lack on its own.

Congratulations...! :)

Channel 2 in Edge Mode with the bass turned up sounds great in a band setting. IMHO

Boognoob said:
LOL Nice one...! You'll be ecstatic with it, especially with the extension.....I used to find a 2x12 horizontal rectifier cab.
With its V30s, it is really nice balancing sound with the C90....really adds depth and low mids that the combo can lack on its own.

Congratulations...! :)

****, I just sold my 2x12! I wanted to downsize to a ported 1x12 for portability. Hope I didn't make a mistake

I guess I can always buy another!

Congrats on the new amp! Gonna have some years of fun on that one.

~Nep~

boogieman60 said:
+2 on the wide body cab.. I love mine with the combo....I can't leave home without it..

Yeah, the 2x12 recto cab was getting a bit cumbersome to move around and I couldn't hear myself when I had a head on top of it, so i figured the combo/cab was a good way to go.

Congrats UserName!

I still own a MkIV Widebody that I bought in the mid 90's, but rarely play it since purchasing my V about 1 1/2 years ago. The V just has incredible flexibility in achieving great tones and I actually find it easier to dial in than my IV.

Back