Full Mark III short head dimensions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi, I'm planning on building a hardwood cabinet for my rack mount Mark III head. I understand this is going to be a semi-difficult project, but I've built a guitar before and I've learned a ton from that. I'm going the full monty with this project, meaning all of the routed corners will be the same. This should be an interesting project. I figure the hardest part is going to be finding the wood/wicker cane.

If anyone would be so generous to give/measure me some of your
dimensions of their Mark III short head, I would greatly appreciate it. Here's a list of some measurements I need:

-Inner length (same as amp chassis?)
-Inner height
-bottom outside width
-top outside width
-thickness of wood

Even if you only have one or two of these things, I will really appreciate it. Also, some pics of your hardwood short heads would be nice. :wink:

Cant help with the dimensions,but constantines.com has the wicker and a good selection of hardwoods.

stokes said:
Cant help with the dimensions,but constantines.com has the wicker and a good selection of hardwoods.

Thanks for that, do you know which size the wicker should be?

I used the 1/2 inch,I am pretty sure that is what Mesa uses,but I was replacing a black grill cloth and I never actually made a comparison to a stock wicker by Mesa,but it looks close.

Ok, I'm ready to start building. I've changed my mind from building a hardwood and I'm going to build a tolex head instead. I don't feel like messing with the dovetails right now. Besides, doing the tolex should be fun. :)

I found these dimensions on the forum, but I'm not sure how accurate they are:

width: 43.5cm (17 2/16") inner dimension
height: 17,2cm (6 13/16") inner dimension
depth: 26cm (10 4/16") outer dimension

Board thickness is approx. 2cm (3/4").

Can anybody confirm these measurements? Also, I'm not sure which depth is measured here- the top or bottom? I'll try to post pics of the building process, just as soon as I get these measurements!

Latest posts

Back