• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ft my triple rec 3ch for your dual rec 3ch (guts only trade)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krylon

Reaction score
my other guitarist downsized and i need to get some faster breakup. as title says this is a guts only trade, no tubes, no fsw, no nothing other than the guts of the head. this would make shipping nice and cheap. this is ONLY for a dual rec 3ch NO OTHER OFFERS! my triple is in excellent shape. was recently cleaned and checked over. i have pics if you need em. i live in the new orleans area. my evilbay id is krylon419 w/145+ positive feedbacks. also done trades on a few other forums, if you want refs pls just ask.

krylon said:
dunno whats so funny, pls dont clog my ad with bs.

I suggest you think about what is different between a Dual and a Triple then you will see why its funny.

zeeman

well i dont think you guys understand my reason for the trade. other guitarist went from a 120watt head to a 100 marshall and pulled 2 power tubes(still trying to grasp why he made the switch). i dont use my mesa for anything other than ch2. no cleans, no fx loop, etc... so i dont use fsw or the master control. and if you think when i say guts i mean taking all the boards and stuff out the amp.... no, i mean just taking out the main part of the head.

Sorry krylon, this is funny. I don't think you understand your reason for wanting to trade. :lol: j/k

Maybe you should look into a single recto. They are already 50 watts. You wouldn't have to take two tubes out to match your buddy because, yeah it does lower the watts but it just doesn't sound as good. Also the single recto's only have 2 channels and since you only use one channel anyway, you wouldn't be wasting two channels but rather only one. They go used for like 800 bucks so you could sell your triple for like $1100 hundred and have some cash left over.

i know the single is 50, but if he decides to go back all 4 power tubes... i'm fuct. i know its only around 10db difference in loudness, but the breakup would be too premature for the sound i want. its not like i set out to buy a triple, it kinda just landed on me during my hunt for a dual. lets just say it wouldve been a good deal for a broken single rec full of bullet holes, which is why i hopped all over it. i just think a dual would suit my situation better.

Back