• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FT/FS Blue Angel Head w/ Matching 2x10 Cab, Dark blue tolex

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

algren

Reaction score
Looking to potentially unload this amp and cab and start the new year fresh. The sound is absolutely fantastic but with my band moving in a new musical direction and the sound of boutique amps singing in my ears, I think it's a good time to see if there's a market for her.

The amp has some wear, but I'd rate it a 7.5/10. Also, the original owner (I bought it 6 years ago on ebay) damaged the side of the head panel in some way and had to have it rebuilt by a cabinet maker. It's one of those things you'd probably never figure out if someone didn't tell you, but I want to give full disclosure. To calm any fear about that, I've gigged with it for all 6 years I've owned it without a backup and have never had even a hint of a problem with the amp. I got a close up of the repair in the pictures.

Specs:
Progressive Linkage enables you to switch between or combine 2 6V6s & 4 EL84s for 15, 33, or 38 Watts of Pure Class A Power
Reverb
Parallel FX Loop

From Mesa Boogie via Amptone.com:

"Five knobs...and the debut of Progressive Linkage™. Different sets of tubes for different power ranges - enabling you to choose between-or combine-them for the ultimate in pushed power expression. The Angel is fired by two 6V6's and four EL-84's. The bubbly, warm 6V6's throw down 15 watts when used solo.

Locking in the four EL-84's produces a brighter character-tighter and more aggressive, with a nice spread in the upper harmonics. This 33 watt configuration is great for the stinging blues.

Yet these two classic and undeniably favorite power tubes, great as they are, do have their drawbacks. When pushed too far into clip, 6V6's tend to get flubby and indistinct. EL84's, conversely, can be thin at times, lacking bass and warmth. Progressive Linkage changes all that, and ushers in a new era of touch sensitive power clip. "

In trade I'm really open to any amp. I like british hi-gain tones, but of course not at the expense of a solid clean tone. I play mainly with a H/H Musicman Axis Super Sport. I also like Boutique or unique sounding amplifiers (particularly Dr. Z's... would really like one of these... ESPECIALLY the new "Remedy"). My only real must is that it be loud enough to gig with a loud rock and roll band (shameless plug: http://www.myspace.com/algrenmusic - click on "Bled" to hear the Boogie rip). Combo's or Head/cab combinations make no difference to me if it sounds good. I think $1100 is a fair range.

Finally, if you have something really spectacular, I have a Tweed Fender Blues Jr. NOS RI (the one with Jensen's) that I could kick into the right deal.... and a rat pedal I'm trying to move as well.

boogie1.jpg

boogie3.jpg

boogie2.jpg

Latest posts

Back