• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: speakers!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
quad of celestion vintage 30's. 8ohms, PERFECTLY CLEAN, pulled from mesa traditional 4x12. look to be UK made. date code is printed on frame, not on a sticker. no issues.

150 for a pair
300 for a quad
both shipped w/ paypal.

pair of 8 ohm celestion black shadow 90 watt speakers.
not quite as clean, older version with black dustcap, definitly uk made.
no issues.
$150 for the pair shipped.

1 8 ohm black shadow 90 watts with coil rub.
$30 shipped.

all prices include shipping and paypal in the lower 48 only.
i don't ship internationally.

JimAnsell said:
1 8 ohm black shadow 90 watts with coil rub.
$30 shipped.

all prices include shipping and paypal in the lower 48 only.
i don't ship internationally.

Sorry for a dumb question, but what is 'coil rub'?
Let me see if this is what's in my Mesa 4x12 and if so, I'll take it if it works without issues.

jimosity: At the small end of the speaker cone, behind the dust cap where you can't see it, is a voice coil attatched to the cone and sitting inside of the magnetic field created by the magnet. This allows the cone to float, unimpeded and respond to the signal being fed to the speaker. If the floating coil rubs against the sides of the magnet, you'll get a static sound. That's what coil rub is. The only way to fix it is to re-cone the speaker.

Back