• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Short Head w/ 1x12 cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtfan89

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am selling my '96 Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Short Head, complete with 1x12 open back cabinet, footswitch, and leather covers. I am asking $1500 firm, no trades accepted. I have attached photos below. Please PM me for more information. Thanks for looking! :)

Where is the amp located? (Hint: Fill out your profile. It's your first post so no one here knows you.)
Is it an A or B model?
Would you consider selling them separately?

TIA

DangerMoney said:
Where is the amp located? (Hint: Fill out your profile. It's your first post so no one here knows you.)
Is it an A or B model?
Would you consider selling them separately?

TIA

The amp is located in Northeastern Pennsylvania.

I'm not sure how to tell whether it is an A or B model. All I know is that it was manufactured in 1996. Can you tell me how?

Unfortunately this is a package deal. The head and the cab must go together.

The Mark IV was launched by Mesa/Boogie in 1990. It was the state-of-the-art Mesa/Boogie three-channel combo amp, with independent controls for all three channels, except bass and mid, which are the same for both Rhythm 1 (clean) and Rhythm 2 (crunch). There were two versions of this amp. Start of production until about September 1993 Mark IV's are referred to as version A; amplifiers made from late 1993 until the end of production in 2008 are known as version B. Early B's have an attached power cord, like the A version. Some differences: version A has no footswitch for reverb or stereo effects loop, and the lead channel is much like the Mark IIC+'s. Version B has switchable reverb, a single switchable stereo effects loop, and an output to drive another power amp. Its voicings are altered slightly. Both versions are highly regarded; production of the Mark IV ceased in 2008.

Back