• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS/FT MESA .50 Caliber + half stack (metal grate)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnqa800720

Reaction score
Hi,

I am selling my Mesa Boogie .50 Caliber + half stack. The Cab is the old school metal grate version with 2x Black Shadows, and 2x EV's, half back. I have owned this since new in 1988(? I need to find the receipt to be sure - will update once I find it). This amp is in beautiful condition for a 20+ year old amp. There are only a few minor tears in the tolex on one side and the back of the cab (shown in link below). No dents in the grate. The head could pass for new. I have pictures posted at:

http://mesaboogie50caliber.shutterfly.com/

I do not know how to embed pictures in a thread, so for now, this should work.

I need to get a smaller amp so I am trying to fund or trade for a 2 x 12 combo from Mesa.

I would be interested in trades that are unusual

Or I will sell outright for $1000 (negotiable - this amp has a lot of emotional value for me - if someone is going to truly enjoy this rig, then I can be reasonable). This thing weighs a ton, so shipping will be outrageous. Therefore, unless you want to pay shipping, I would prefer a local pick-up or a meet half-way arrangement. I live near Boston, MA.

Thanks for looking

Bump for the weekend.

Currently I am not willing to separate the head and cab for individual sale. However, if two separate people are each interested in a different piece, I would be willing to separate it then. I need to clear space, so selling one part doesn't help too much.

Thanks for looking! :mrgreen:

Sent this one as a new thread instead of a reply...OOPS.
:lol:
Thanks for the praise. She is beautiful. I am meticulous with my gear. The cab on these are so heavy, it suffered a few minor scrapes (each one was a tear jerker for me) over the years, but is in excellent overall condition. Someone is going to be very happy when they take this one home.

I would be interested in the 4x12 cabinet if you were to split them up.
I would love to give it a nice safe home in my studio. I've been wanting one for a while now but I can't find them close to where I live in Dayton, OH.
You can contact me at [email protected] and just put "mesa cabinet" in the header so I don't delete as junk mail.

Let me know,
Thanks,
~Doug

New pictures of the cabinet added at the same link. All dings are shown. Thpictures look worse than the reality, but at least everything can be seen.

I have been wanting a .50 cal+ for a while... if you sell off the cab, I'd be interested in the head....

I have two potential amps I am looking to buy, so I am putting in an official price drop to $1,100.

Hi Everyone,

I have tried selling this as a full unit for long enough. If anyone is interested in either piece separately, I am willing to split them up now. PM or email me for prices of separate pieces.

Thanks for looking
Shawn

No longer interested in trades as I found and bought my dream amp (MK IV in maple :eek: ). It is still for sale however, and now willing to sell as separate pieces.

Thanks,
Shawn

Would also be interested in trades for "players" PRS McCarty or SAS, or a nice CE. Other interesting trades also considered (amps or guitars).

Back