• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: DC10 Head ...a serious beauty!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edward

Reaction score
Title says it all: pristine DC10 head for sale: $775 plus shipping. (possible amp trade?? ...PM me)

It used to be a combo and was transferred into a beautiful head shell which has the tan/black jute grill (an upgrade over the standard black grill). Check out the link for more photos ...it is beautifully clean and would fit right in on a showroom floor:

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i136/993edward/Mesa%20DC10/?albumview=slideshow

I am a Boogie die-hard, and have been an owner of a DC5 combo for over a decade of rock-solid use. I bought this head recently because I figured it would give me "more of the same" that I already love ...well it did! But I just can't use all that power, truly; and I discovered I just prefer a simpler rig and not carry around more gear (more trips to the car ...I'm getting older ).

The tone is huge, and wonderfully chimey (yes, Fender chime ...I know you've heard it before, but it is Twin-like in its bold bottom and just lovely smooth highs), with gargantuan clean headroom, and a nice tube-driven reverb.

The Lead channel is very versatile from mid-gain tones to serious saturated OD, and everywhere in between, and retains individual note definition very well.

What I love about the DC series is their serious tonal versatility. The DC has two simple, yet completely separate, gain and tone channels that are easy to shape, and are discrete from one another. The Graphic EQ (no, the pic is not my actual setting ) is completely footswitchable which allows you further tonal tailoring (notice that the GEQ was on Boogie's top-line MkIV for years, then returned on their top-line MkV ...it offers tonal range like no knob can, IMHO).

And for you tube tweakers, the two channels have their own different tube sets (after the V1, of course) so you can choose your fave tubes for each channel without compromising the tone of the other (which is what I did on my own DC5 combo …a glorious tube recipe, if I do say so myself). This DC10 comes with fresh current-prod tubes from the PO (4 6L6 Rubys and 6 AX7s can't recall make).

Like I said, it is too much amp for my simple use. So I am offering it for sale at a great price IMHO, or for trade for another amp (PM me if you have something interesting, pref another Mesa, but no other gear/guitars, just amps please). Thanks for looking, all!

Edward

Sold, pending details.
Thanks for all the interest, gents! :D

Edward

Back