• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Brand new Mesa Boogie Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticdonut

Reaction score
Hey, I am selling my Roadster that I bought new about a couple of months ago. The reason why I am selling this is because I am going to live in a small apartment where I cannot play guitar that loud without making people angry :D and I never played it cause I found out right after I bought it and I dont want it to go down in value. I can only look at it and wonder what greatness can come out of it :( . I am in south carolina if anyone wants to know.

Those really are great amps. You might try an attenuator before selling it and taking a huge loss.

Just about any guitar amp will be loud without one.

I've had a few, and yes, they do change your tone a little. But....they also work and you can play at lower volumes without pissing everybody off.

The THD Hot Plate is a good one but you have to match the impedance of the cabinet, so is the Power Brake from Marshall. I have not tried a Weber yet, but have heard great things about them.

The Roadster works fine with an attenuator--not all amps do. I have used a Weber Mass 150 with one and it sounded great, you didn't even have to re-dial very much. The Webers are cheaper than the THDs and in my experience sound as good or better.

Seriously man, if you like the amp and aren't desperate for the cash hang on to it, you've already eaten the big initial depreciation.

Is it me or does this sound ALOT like this post from another NEW user:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34991

Ya I think I would just waste money buying an attenuator cause I wouldnt use the amp much Im just looking for someone who will play it. Its a great amp so I dont want it to just sit there. I dont know who that other guy selling a roadster is but its pretty similar to my post, Ill sell it for cheaper than that.

what kind of cab do you have? I have a Bogner Ecstacy, mint condition. Looking for a roadster or road king instead. These are $4,000 heads so I need to keep the trade fair but if you'd consider trading me my Bogner head for your Roadster head and cab (assuming you have something decent) - and you cover shipping to NC? I know it's asking a lot but dollar for dollar should be a pretty fair deal.

Your reason for getting rid of this amp is because it's too loud for the place you will be living in right?

Then why trade for another high powered tube amp like an ENGL, or another Mesa, or Marshall? I'm on the ENGL forum and saw your post there about this. Are you looking for something lower powered from these companies?

alot of the mesas have half power switches and sound pretty good at lower volumes as you probably already know and engls sound good at low volumes too so im looking for something that I can play loud and at low volumes :D

did you sell this or what? I've sent you a couple PMs with no response? Are you no longer interested in trading for the Mark IV? I'm just wondering
thanks

Back