FRAYED GRILL CLOTH

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCOTTY

Reaction score
Can I get my combo's grill cloth fixed or replaced? Is this possible with a lonestar combo? Will mesa do it or should I get a local guy to do it?

SCott

Can you live with it? Cuz for mesa to fix it requires you giving up your amp for a while. There was a thread on the silver cloth and where to get some here a while back. I believe Charles Reeder had the source. Do a search.

i was able to order a custom grill panel from mesa for my LSC. It was expensive, but i didn't have to give up my amp for any length of time & i had to do the swap myself.

IMG_0430.JPG

boogiemon said:
i was able to order a custom grill panel from mesa for my LSC. It was expensive, but i didn't have to give up my amp for any length of time & i had to do the swap myself.

IMG_0430.JPG

Man, that looks good! I love that cloth on a lonestar.

Wow that does look great. I think if I can order the cloth from Mesa I could find a local to replace it. And no I just can't live with it. The amp is too nice for it to have a frayed grill. And duck tape will not due in this case...lol

Scott

They actually send you the whole panel so it's just a matter of 4 or 5 screws (after you get the chassis & speaker out, which is a pain)

SCOTTY said:
Wow that does look great. I think if I can order the cloth from Mesa I could find a local to replace it. And no I just can't live with it. The amp is too nice for it to have a frayed grill. And duck tape will not due in this case...lol

Scott

Hey:
There has recently been a seller on eBay who sells the 'pewter' grill cloth for the standard 'blue-pig' version of the Lonestar. If that's the one you have; look up Lonestar under musical instruments on ebay. Check some past postings for instructions on how to remove grill-cloth baffle'

Godd luck: Charles

Latest posts

Back