Mark V Combo Mini Stack

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtcook

Reaction score
Due to the generosity of a gentleman in TX, I was able to complete my matching mini stack. Needed the Black and Gold grill for my 1x12 Widebody. Mesa no longer has the Black and Gold grill cloth. So, I was very lucky.

20231026_172127.jpg

I am thinking about getting a 2nd speaker for my Mark VII combo. When I want the bigger lower end, I can connect the two. If I have a gig or situation when I just want the single 12" sound, I can just stick with the combo. I would stick with the 1x12 Boogie 19" Open Back Cabinet. which I think would stack underneath it. Or would it be better to get the 23" wide body speaker to have a little more room when putting the combo on top of the extended cab?

In addition, is there any concern putting the full weight of a Mark VII on top of the extended cabinet.

Weight is not an issue. The rest is personal preference. Mine is a Widebody closed back cab with the combo open back for both sounds. I also wanted it to match completely.

Nice rig. I dig that color scheme.

I have the same setup but in the stock black config.
Widebody 1x12 Boogie Cab under the Mark V 90 Combo. I have the stock Mesa Black Shadow in the top cab and ended up puting a EVM12L Classic in the extension cab.
Fantastic combination. The EVM is one of the few speakers that worked well in this config for me.
I think it's more revealing and really shows itself when switching between EL's and 6L6's.
I'm probably in the minority, but I landed on the EL34's when adding the extension cab.
More compression and sag IMO.

I had gone through speaker swapping in the combo at one time. I tried (2) different Celestion Alnico's, the Gold and Cream, as well as an Eminence Governor that was installed in the Mark V when I purchased it. The Eminence was immediately and permanently removed as it didn't do it for me either on it's own, or in combination with the EVM12L.

Thanks. I Iike the EVM12L as well. Have one in my Marshall 6101 combo. Never thought of it in an extension cab. Might have to try that.

Latest posts

Back