Fraudulent Mark IV Listing. BEWARE.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystidream

Reaction score
I came across this listing on ebay today. http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IV-Head_W0QQitemZ270251747802QQihZ017QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the same description and serial number of the Mark IV head that I bought from Fritzreiser on this board. Serial number IV-0542. Someone on ebay copied Fritz's auction and has it listed without pics. I already reported it to ebay as a fraudulent listing, but just wanted to let you guys know. If you're bidding on this amp, please retract your bids. The guy has the amp up to $710 with no reserve. Don't let him scam you. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

i think I have seen a couple of this dips auctions in the last 2 days. he has a c+ he is selling too i think...**** em!

mystidream said:
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

No the thanks is to you!!
Thank you for taking the time to point it out to members and also thank you for reporting it to eBay. Always liked the concept of eBay years ago and it was good at the time but it always takes a few pieces of S**T to pervert it into something else that is was not meant to be, spoiling it for everyone and in this case spoiling it for the company itself (eBay) driving up cost that have to be passed to the users.

But people like you give me a renewed hope. And I really mean it!!

John

Stonge said:
i think I have seen a couple of this dips auctions in the last 2 days. he has a c+ he is selling too i think...f%&# em!

Yeah he has a Mark III up there also.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-III-Tube-AMP-Head_W0QQitemZ270251743698QQihZ017QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
And a laptop
http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-MacBook-Pro-MB512LL-A-17-LCD-Notebook-Laptop_W0QQitemZ270251746162QQihZ017QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mystidream

Looks like you saved some people some misery, all of the auctions that this guy had running have been squashed. Good catch!!!!!

HappyStrat said:
The listings were removed. What was this clown's e-Bay handle so we know to stay away from him?

His user name was "papahutch22".

But since eBay killed all of his auctions he is probably gone. Well gone with that user name at least.

6L6C said:
Mystidream

Looks like you saved some people some misery, all of the auctions that this guy had running have been squashed. Good catch!!!!!

Thanks 6L6. Thanks for the kind words also. I just didn't wanna see anyone get screwed by that guy, especially when he's using the serial number from my amp! :shock:

I'm glad ebay finally did something about those auctions. I've reported fraudulent auctions before and there have been times where ebay has said "sorry, at ebay we do not get involved with transactions between buyers and sellers". WTF?

Back