found a pre mkI signed by Randy & wife in mint/new condition

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hifivic

Reaction score
Black 100/60 w/eq /w Altec combo "that appears as though you just opened it", 1 owner and now on consignment w/road case. What is the real value on this amp and how would it differ sonically from a MKI?
..............thanks

What exactly is it? Do you have any pictures?

Randy built a few odd snakeskin covered amps for a while there and obviously the Princeton Boost amps, but what you're describing just sounds kinda like a (very old) Mark I.

Y'know it's just cruel to post something like this and not show large, gratuitous images :)

Pre-Mark? With a graphic EQ? I'm going to have to be convinced, but I will go out on a limb and say that someone is confused... besides me. :?

I was told by another member that it is in reality a MKI. There were MKI's made before they actually start labeling them and this is one of those. I'm told some sound great and some mediocre and some sound really bad! I'm not sure I want it bad enough to take the gamble, thanks!

The graphic EQ part is what makes it questionable. Without a picture... I'm calling BS.

I would guess that, in the beginning, the Mark I circuit was a work-in-progress. It was a kind of evolving prototype so it is a gambling you are taking. Late Mark Is were more consistant.
You can, anyway, buy it and send it to Mike Bendinelli for him to tweak it to the sound you want.

I have a head in the s/n 12XX signed by RCS which Mike told me it was a "very nice puppy". He knows I like Santana very much and he offered to tweak it to the Lotus sound (live album) and he also suggested to mod the GEQ and place it after the Master, where it is much more useful.
I cannot be happier, this amp has a life on his own. Thank you, Mike!

Back