for Lonestar special owner.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F.Ace

Reaction score
If i touch my pickups while playing( with my Ibanez FGM '96(950$))The amp start to noise like a detuned radio,but i dont have this problem with my 600$Hargstrom.Do any of you have to deal with this kind of problem?
Maybe the hardware of my Ibanez is rusty,its really frustrating because i cant record with it and its my favorite guitar.(my volume knob is noisy too)

You have a grounding or shielding problem. Most likely your pickups are not grounded. The internal wire probably has fallen off at one end. See www.guitarnuts.com for information on how to fix this.

Remember the good ole' days, when you could just turn your amps plug-in the opposite way in the power outlet to eliminate that problem :wink:

It does sound like a grounding problem to me too.

tiger roach said:
Sounds like a guitar issue, rather than an amp one, to me.
I second that. And I experience that. After some grounding and shielding, it solve the problem.

"Pickups not grounded" . . . or it could be that the trem (i.e. bridge) and strings are not grounded. On some guitars, the builders forget to ground the trem, or the wire works loose. You may see a wire from the trem dangling loose in the trem or control cavity.

Back