For all the Mesa Amp Experts - Best year for the TREMOVERB?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmo

Reaction score
I have a question for all of you amp experts. I have done a lot of research and I decided I'm going to purchase a Mesa Boogie Trem-o-verb Head.

I was wondering what the best production year(s) was. I have read that they can be a "hit or miss" on reliability so I'm hoping I you could please give me some advice on that.

Also, I have seen some of the Trem-o-verb heads have black grill cloth and some have have a "vintage" style grill cloth on them. I wonder which year have which colors.

Thanks for you time and I hope you all had a great 4th of July.

Dont know about sound quality, but I know on some of the first run 1994 Tremoverbs they had a serial FX loop as opposed to the now paralell FX loops. The way to tell is if there is a know by the send and return on the fx loop on the back, that would be a paralell...... as serial would just be one shared knob. I'd rather have the serial loop my self for running all FX through the loop and also the availability to have a volume pedal in the loop.

Thats about all I know.

Latest posts

Back