Footswitching does not work

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tacoguitar

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was just jamming and since I bought my amp a couple days ago i decided to use the footswitch to switch around channels, it was still in its plastic. So i connected it and starting playing with it. However, it does not switch channels (Burn to Clean), the only thing it allows me to do is turn on/off the contour and the reverb ONLY when the channel switch on the amp is in the channel 2 position. When I turn the channel switch on the amp to the FTSW position the foot switch does not light up at all, i press buttons and nothing. The same thing happens when I turn the channel switch on the amp to channel 1. Did I get a defective one? :(

I wish I had an answer for you. Did you ever figure out your FS problem?

Not yet Dogdew. At first I thought I was setting it up wrong but I have tried almost everything and could not get it to work other than turn on/off reverb and contour on channel 2. That is it. Thanks for the response.

I know when I got my amp I noticed the footswitch was inop. I checked to make sure the switch on the front of the amp was in the proper position (centered) and then reached in the back of the amp to make sure the plug was seated. If that fails I bet the foot switch is defective.

Nubbs

Hey all, I fixed the problem. I simply reached around the back and wiggled the footswitch cable around where it connects to the amp. lo and behold it lighted up and I was able to switch around channels and everything. :_)

I had problems with my foot switch too. Check to make sure that cable end is seating all the way in the foot switch. I had a tech enlarge the hole thereby allowing the cable to fully plug in. Also, the spring lead (ground) on the foot switch connector may protrude enough to disallow the cable end from seating correctly. The Mesa tech instructed me to nip the end off even with the surface of the connector. Be sure to hold the foot switch upside down so the piece cut off doesn't fall inside the foot switch possible causing problems. I used a large pair of sharp finger nail clippers. My foot switch works perfectly now.

Latest posts

Back