Footswitch problems with DC-3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwsomeone

Reaction score
Have a technical support question about a footswitch problem on a newer edition DC-3 I'm hoping someone can help me with. I'm using a two-button footswitch that plugs into the front of the amp. Button 1 (green) controls channel switching. Button 2 (red) controls EQ. I've got the EQ switch on the back of the amp set to be footswitchable for both channels, but the problems persists in either setting.

The two things I'm seeing -
1. All the time (beginning about a week ago), the red light on the footswitch for EQ switching won't come on and EQ switching via the footswitch doesn't work at all. I can occasionally get the red light to come on for a nano-blip by jiggling the cable / input jack to the amp.
1. Occasionally, the green light for channel switching is "on" but really, really dim. Unplugging and plugging the footswitch back in to the amp a couple of times gets it to return to a normal, bright LED.

At this point, I'm not sure where the problem lies. Does this sound like a footswitch issue or a problem with the footswitch input jack on the amp or something else?

Thanks in advance -

Maybe check the connections to the stereo jack on the end of the footswitch cable. You might have a ground short in there. I wouldn't think the input jack on the amp would be the problem, but it is possible I suppose. Check the footswitch first. If you have another footswitch to test with then that would be helpful for troubleshooting as well. Keep us posted.

I've had to repair quite a few of the footswitch plugs. The outer cover should just unscrew. You can check the wiring there.
I think every DC footswitch I've had has had that problem sooner or later. It's an easy fix though.
I think I'm just in too much of a hurry when I roll the cords up or something.

I also use a few layers of heatshrink after I'm done fixing it to provide a little strain relief.

Thanks for all the help. This did indeed turn out to be a problem with the cable connecting the footswitch to the amp.

Thanks -

Latest posts

Back