Footswitch Pop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmohammed

Reaction score
I just got a Mesa Subway Rocket (without reverb) and I love the way it sounds, but there is a loud pop when I switch from Rhythm to Lead. Is this normal for this amp or is there a problem?

After you switch on the power and before you switch on the standby switch, cycle the footswitches once. This should solve your issues--I have the same thing happen with my Triple Recto-- :wink:

I have tried cycling like you said but it didn't make a difference. The pop is loudest going from the Rhythm to the Lead channels; the pop going from Lead to Rhythm is bearable. No matter how long the amp is on, it still pops.

That isn't right. I have a pop with my dual recto but once i do the cycle through that is it. I have no more problems. That is weird that yours is still making the pop.

I use to have an early DC-5 which would pop on channel switches. I took it up to Petaluma and the boys said that the early DC-5's did that but the series 2's did not, so maybe it's normal on your Subway as well. I would give MB a call.

Chris... 8)

Back