footswitch, all lights on when you power up?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fr0sty

Reaction score
All the lights on my footswitch are on when I first power up my mark v. Is that normal?

I noticed that with my combo in the early days. I swapped it for a head and now all ligths are off when I power it. Strange.

on MKV head,the lights are on only in reverb and EQ (this is because this two are always engaged)......the bottom lights are off when the amp is turn on (when the amp is on after warming the tubes) the amp is on clean channel but to get the light on channel 1 i have to press channel 1 switch.....

fr0sty said:
All the lights on my footswitch are on when I first power up my mark v. Is that normal?

Not normal for me... the channel defaults to 1 and whatever else was activated when I turned the amp off is lit up.

Mark Fore said:
fr0sty said:

Not normal for me... the channel defaults to 1 and whatever else was activated when I turned the amp off is lit up.

after some messing around, i see all the channel leds are on and the eq or rev if i left it on, but nothing else. double checked by unplugging and re-plugging the fs din cable on both ends. same result.

i think it still defaults to whichever channel it was previously set to, but the leds are misleading.

Although it does not happen with my Mark V, my Roadster footswitch, when turning the amp on, has all channel lights lit up. maybe they changed something along the way after the first shipment of Mark V's went out?

After more use, I see that all three channels always light up on power up. All the other fs lights remember their last used state on power up. Channel 1 is always active on power up.

fr0sty said:
After more use, I see that all three channels always light up on power up. All the other fs lights remember their last used state on power up. Channel 1 is always active on power up.

lol. since my last post, my situation has reversed entirely. the ch leds are all off when first powered on, though defaults to ch 1. rev and eq still the same due to switch presets. :roll:

i don't see this as an issue, except when losing power for brief periods of time. i don't really understand how they wired all the leds and the relays and ch switching, but i haven't looked at those aspects of the schematics.

I agree, not an issue. I just wanted to be sure I didn't have a defective amp/footswitch from teh get go. If it was, I would have gotten a replacement asap.

Latest posts

Back