Foo Fighgters on a Roadster?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dbsens03 said:
From their cleans to crunch anybody dialed in these settings?

Well, they use a dual recto for gain so it should be doable...

His cleans are on a Vox i beleive though so I'm not sure how exactly you would capture that tone with a Roadster (Roadster cleans are actually far better to my ear so maybe carve out your own clean sounds?).

They are an endorser of Mesa and have a video on the Mesa web site. They also play an endorsement deal guitar too. Washburn?? I was struggling to get some of that unusual sound. Ended up looking in a tab book. I think any old cruchy tone will do, the trick is in the unusual chordings Dave uses, lots of open strings and straight up weird fingerings, volume up and down, intensity of pick attack. Some of the same tools from Pixies or Nirvana. The tone is in the playing more with them IMO.

Good luck on your tone quest.

Right on dudes, thanks. I'm pretty sure though they just use gibsons, road king II's, and lonestars.

I saw them a year or so ago, and DG's rig was just the RKIIs. Lots of them :twisted:

Mr. Smear used a Stiletto Ace as I recall

Right on. I think they used to use Mark III's too. I remember hearing that in an interview some time ago.

I am pretty sure he has used RK1's, as he was using the RK before the RK2 came out, here is a nice little write up.
http://www.performing-musician.com/pm/aug09/articles/techthat.htm

He gave Vox the flick ever since the RKs came out. I'm pretty sure he would have used RK1s, then moved onto RK2s and I have seen Lonestars on stage with them. But RK2 is pretty much the basis of their sound

Sounds to me like BB came in and suggested Dave and Chris move to the Road King to simplify things.

Dave Grohl is the freakin' man!

Back