Fizzy Lifter (Weber Beam Blocker alternative)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Musicman,

What's the verdict on these? Was thinking about trying something to even out my spiky cab.

Musicman: congrats on the wedding. Curious if you're future wife is aware of your GAS problem, and will you bring the combo on your honeymoon?

oh yeah! I forgot about this thread...

The Fizzy Lifter certainly helped out! It keeps the tone more even from different angles and MUCH less harsh right in front. I highly suggest grabbing one!

jab - the honeymoon was guitar free... hehe. My hands were busy with other things (cough, cough)

plan-x said:
I tried the flapjack and didn't like them. I mention earlier in this tread and called them pancakes or something. That electrical tape on the beam blockers is a clever idea. But the flush mount is difficult to obtain. Dust covers can be had at this link.

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&Webpage_ID=3&CAT_ID=48&ObjectGroup_ID=827&SO=2

If one were to use the dust caps, say a 5" poly one, could you just staple/pin/glue it on the inbside of the grill cloth in front of the speaker?

Also, how do you know what size to get? Anyone got the diameter for the beam blocker?

The 4" is the standard size for the beam blocker. The 5" would just block more of the beam than the 4" (obviously). Weber suggests using the 4" unless you just have a really harsh beam you are trying to divert. And yes, you could just glue the dome to the grill cloth. The fizzy lifter is applied in this way...

I just got the Fizzy Lifters I ordered for my cab today and installed them. They work great! Definitely gave my beamy Celestions the roundness & fullness i was looking for. Almost like a 3D type of sound, now I think mic placement might be easier for recording...have to try it out. Anyway I'm glad I found this thread, may not have heard of them otherwise!

Cool! I'm glad someone else pulled the trigger on one of these. I think they make a notable difference as well. Mic placement may be a bit trickier now if I had to guess but post your results if possible!

BTW, did you think the description on the packaging was pretty funny? I snickered when I read it... :lol:

:lol: Yeah I thought the description was funny too. Good stuff! I actually did some test recordings with a cheap PC microphone into garageband and the sound was not bad at all. I think the Fizzy Lifters dissapated the frequencies that were causing alot of the shrill ness I heard while recording before I got them. I don't think i'll have to mess with the EQ as much now. The tone is much rounder going in from the get go it seems.

I just got another 2x12 cab (early Christmas present for myself, heh heh) and went back to order more Fizzy Lifters...and the price has gone down!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=380084288009&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=025

Darn, I maybe should have waited on these, but at least I can get them now for cheaper.

Latest posts

Back