Fishman Power Bridge

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Alright, so instead of buying a bunch of really good guitars, I've begun the "pimping" process of my 2001 Mexi Strat. I've got Schaller Locking Tuners on it, Graph Tech Nut, Chrome Dome Knobs, and some other minor stuff. But I'm dying to get a piezo for it. I'm gonna get the Fishman VMV Power Bridge - http://www.fishman.com/products/details.asp?id=63. Does anyone have clips of this piezo? Or know anything about it? From the looks of things, I'll have to buy this along with it...http://www.fishman.com/products/details.asp?id=33. How much would these products cost from GC(approximately)? Where would be the best place for a seperate jack on my Strat? And where would be the best place for the Power Chip? Has anyone done something like this to their Strat or other guitar? And uhhh, wouldnt I need a Preamp? I thought the Power Jack was what I would need, but thats for an acoustic. Or is the Power Chip the Preamp? **** I'm confused. Can someone tell me exactly what I need to do and get in order for this thing to work? Thanks

no, you will not need an extra preamp, the power chip is one.
and where you put the second output jack
is up to you, or you could wire them both to one jack and have a blender,
which is super easy. call your local GC and ask for the accesories dept manager
and ask him to find out for you. if it was like the GC i used to work at, hell
call you back pretty quick with the price and all the info and you will have
to go down and pay for the order. fishman was pretty quick when i ordered
stuff from them so it shouldnt be more than 2 weeks to get it in.
getting all that stuff installed might take quite a bit longer depending
on what kind of luthiers are in your area. you could put the battery
under the tone knobs or what ive done in the past is chisel out
a battery compartment under the pickguard, right below the pickups,
it doesnt matter if it looks bad, the PG covers it up.
you also need a stereo output jack. but it still runs mono. it just uses
the ring connection to turn the battery on when you plug in a cable, that
way the battery doesnt drain when youre not using it.

I have two PRS guitars with Ghost Piezo systems installed. I do have pics and clips of them if you're interested. I don't have any experience with the Fishman unit, but I can tell you anything you need to know about the Ghost. It's extremely easy to install and IMHO sounds fantastic. I think the entire cost of hardware was just a smidge over $220.

One of the good things about the Ghost system is that it only uses one jack, and it can tell whether you are using a stereo cable or a mono cable. When you use a stereo cable, it routes the Piezo side to a separate amp.

Good luck with your mods!

Thanks a lot Redmax61, I'd appreciate it if you could post pics and clips of your mods. Thanks a lot, Marc

Sorry I'm so late with this. Here's a pic of my SCT Piezo installation. There is a way to hide the wires from the saddles, but frankly, if it's functional, I don't care. Controls are as follows:

Stacked volume control - inner is the Piezo volume, outer is the mag volume.

Quick switch - up=Mag, down=Piezo, middle=both

Pickup selector - same as it ever was.

SCT_W_PIEZO.JPG

Latest posts

Back