First post... New Mark IV user

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunkonu23

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First post and a new Mark IV user. Yesterday, I picked up a used 1990 Mark IVa (at a very reasonable price) and from my first impression, it's awesome. Such flexibility and such killer tone! I'm super impressed.

Only one problem, though: The footswitch was broken when I got it. The cable was ripped from the panel and the internal connectors, as well. I had to cut about 8 feet from the cable because two of the wires were bad, then I had to redo the connectors. Since some of the insulation was still in the crimped connections, I knew what wires went where, but the switch appears to shot. The EQ side works, but the R1, 2, and Lead section doesn't work at all. Question is this: Should I spring for a new switch from Mesa or have people seen this and is this an easy fix?

Thanks!

Scott

If you know how to fix it, go for it. Otherwise, I think it'd be easy to just get a replacement. you can buy a new one, but I personally would go for a cheap one on ebay.

BTW, welcome and awesome amp!

Thanks for welcoming me!

The eBay suggestion is a good one, however they're not listed as frequently as other items. I suppose I could replace the IC's on the large board and hope that only the switching circuit was damaged (I have no way to test IC's)--that may be the least expensive way to go. Or... does anyone know if Mesa will sell a replacement large board?

Thanks!

Scott

Latest posts

Back