First Mesa help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:
What really grinds my gears is Dad Roadies.

I know a band, bunch of young uns, the guitarist has a PRS Custom 22 for a BACKUP guitar....

Anyways, they have Dad Roadies, even got the "CREW" shirts on.. :lol:

I don't see anyting wrong with supporting your kids. Keep in mind that if the kid is making money for playing, he may be buying his guitars with that. That is how I do it. Every penny I make goes back into buying nice equipment. I have a day job that pays my bills. If he is a high school kid, he probably doesn't have a job, especially if he is playing and making money with his playing.

Where it grinds me a bit is when the kid is a spoiled brat and the parents are buying the stuff to try to make up for lack of parenting and lack of time spent with their kids. Some parents think that buying them whatever they want is showing them Love. Wait until they get out on their own and they can't keep a job and they can't pay their bills because they are always spending their money on the nice things that they were always given. They get used to it and have no respect for the items once they get them. I have seen it happen many time. The parents are very successful and the kids turn out to be worthless and a liability to society. That form of parenting DOES'T WORK!

Back