First Mesa - DC-3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baravettski

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got my first Mesa, I'm pscyhed. I'll be lurking around on here but wanted to say what's up. The DC-3 sounds great at my house, going to take it to practice and run it through the 4x12 and see what happens. I've already seen a ton of great info on here, it's awesome.

i have a DC-3 as well. great amp!! just remember to adjust the eq's as you increase the volume.

i have found that when comparing bedroom volume to gig volume, i need to lower gain a bit, lower the Bass, mids stay pretty constant, and the highs can be raised slightly.

this amp is incredibly true to it's tone at all volumes. the gain is the big thing. you need less at higher volumes or this amp will lose definition.

the bass as well can get loose.

great choice though, i love my DC-3. i sold my F-50 for it and have never looked back.

the DC-3 loves a compressor in front, and i use a chorus in the loop.....sonic heaven!!!

enjoy

Played it through the cab at practice, man I'm impressed. Thing sounded like a champion.

What's up with them getting hot? Bring a backup to a gig or just run it?

i assume Mesa Boogie knew about the heat situation before releasing their amps.

i have run my Mesa's for many gigs and they never show ill affects from the heat..........run 'em!!

i have recently been using a small fan behind my gear. it is not necessary, but i do it anyway.

the amps won't quit because of the heat, besides, these amps get better with the heat turned up.

Latest posts

Back