First hour with new Road King - Updated!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mesa Paulcaster said:
tele_jas said:
I then surprised myself tonight when I picked up my Telecaster and played a few songs through it, I found a completely new range of tones with my tele that can't be found with my humbucker guitars. The Brit channel sounds like a Dr. Z amp with the gain cranked up just enough to give it some bite and the clean channel was even more Fender-ish sounding.

I've been playing on my RK with a Strat a lot lately (mostly cause I was too lazy to bring my Les Paul home from school for the break) and I think I almost prefer single coils on the RK. The jangly sound of the strat really compliments the dark, bassy sound of the Mesa well.

+1
The RK's Channel 2 is mega awesome with single coils (or in my case, split coils on the John Petrucci Music Man).

The road king is pretty much the only amp I'd want over my dual recto. One of these days I'm going to sell my recto and my 5150II and get a road king.

Sorry, but I'm not up on my Spanish.... :lol:

I was just thinking of posting a follow-up thread called "first Month with RK"..... Man, I'm REALLY enjoynig this amp A WHOLE BUNCH! If it were my mom, and I was a little kid, I'd love it very very very very very very very very very very very very very very (get the idea) MUCH.

Yeah, this amp totally rocks and I couldn't be happeir with an amp and IMO I like it better than any other Boogie out there (I'd still like a LS sometime in the future though just to have one).

I'll probably post that follow up thread in the next day or two, but the amps still (let me try this)..... El-kicken ze-major el-butt-o (not bad for my first attempt at Spanish, huh?). :wink:

TJ, this has been a great thread. If I weren't enjoying my LSC so much, I'd be going for an RK just based on your review. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Sweet! I'm pretty much set on selling my Tverb and going Roadking. Maybe having Trace mod it so it's a bit more refined sounding too.

MJ

Latest posts

Back