First Attempt at Recording my Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
newfinator said:
Well, I decided to try to record my new Mark IV for the first time to see how it would sound. Admittedly I'm a bit of a newbie at digital recording so don't really know what I'm doing but thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

I've never really been a huge Dream Theater fan but have been listening to them more since I decided to get the Mark. So, it made sense to take a stab at doing one of their songs. It's pretty rough and I didn't really try to nail the song perfectly but I was just trying to capture the feel.

Anyway here it is. Let me know what you think.

Forsaken... kinda

care to share your settings?

ya, the lead tone, in particular is pretty thin, but I guess that's what I get for recording as such a low volume. Even though it's a very popular thing to do now-a-days I don't often use the neck pick up for leads. I usually stick to the bridge for anything with a reasonable amount of gain and stay away from it for cleans.

As far as settings I think it was:
Lead Channel:
Gain: 8 and pulled
Treble: 7.5
Bass: 3.5
Mid: 5.5
Drive: 9 and pulled
Presence: 6
Volume: 1
Master Volume: 1
EQ: typical "V" pattern

I don't know what the tuning was originally but I just used my guitars with d-tunas and went with a dropped D. The rhythm was my 85 Kramer Imperial with Evo's and the lead was my Wolfgang Std.

Latest posts

Back