Fine Scratches on Diamond Plate

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonezilla

Reaction score
Brand new to the Boogie Board. I just purchased a used Duel Rectifier. A large portion of the diamond plate has some fine scratches :cry: Looks like the previous owner might have tried a polish of some sort on it but failed. Anybody have some ideas as to how I can get these scratches out.

Pretty difficult task to get fine scratches out of that kind of surface,bigger task than you would imagine.It will basically involve a lot of polishing with a paste by hand for the best result.

In my opinion the best bet would be to head to a Harley Davidson forum and look under Detailing. You will get good info there on how to remove scratches,those boys know more than anyone about polishing metal surfaces (I know this from experience)

Is it really that bad? After a while you wont even notice the scratches I bet and Im sure you cant notice them from even a few feet away.

Try a good quality chrome polish, depending how deep the scratches are it could take a while ! :( I polished mine when it was brand new and the difference was amazing, MUCH shinier and lots of black cloths too ! :D

Back