Finally used my Triple!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erico317

Reaction score
Guys,

First I'd like to thank all of you that have given me advice with my Triple Recto!!! I'm really happy to know, that there are so many people that are helpful!!!

I went from a Single Rectoverb to a Triple Recto... I still don't have my sound mixed in perfectly.... But this thing sound freaking amazing!!!! I didn't realize how much a difference between the Rectos... But MAN it's unreal how different it sounds..

From everyone's suggestions, I've changed my way of thinking... Mids up, Bass and Treble down... And that is the key... I've always had mids down and bass and treble up... But if you want to cut through the PA... you have to turn the mids up... It does take getting used to..... Also I've learned that if you use a couple of 4x12 cabinets, don't try to get your sound from a 2x12.. it's not the same!!!

The key thing that happen this weekend for me.... Was our sound engineer during soundcheck asked me what pedal did I use for the solo, because he didn't have to change anything on the front to bring it out... My response.... I didn't do anything, just played!!!

So again, I thank all of you for the advice!!!! I'm still going through post trying to pick up more from you guys!!!

Glad I found this board!!!

Eric :D

I used the 6L6s and the 5U4Gs for the rectifiers... I'm using normal/bold setting on the back..

I don't remember my settings off hand... I'll have to check tonight...

It was a cool feeling... Still getting used to it... I learn that the tone of this amp is a lot different then the single recto....

I'll try and remember to post the settings tonight...

Eric

Back