Finally..........the Mark IV is mine!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksime1

Reaction score
So I have taken the plunge and traded in my Dual Rectifier for a brand new Mark IV. 8)

The bad news is that it will take about 4-6 weeks to arrive so I have to keep my Dual Rec wrapped in cotton wool for the time being!

I cannot wait to crank up the Mark IV and hear that baby sing!
I will at some time get rid of my marshall 4x12 and get either a Thiele or a Mesa 2x12. Can I ask anyone for some advice regarding cab choice please? What is the best option for the Mark IV?

Cheers
Kenny

+1 on the Recto 2x12. I think the Recto cabs are the perfect all around choice for any of Mesa's amps. A tradional Thiele cab is good too, but the Mark IV will really sing through a 2x12 or greater size. I think your Mark IV will open up your eyes and ears after coming from a Rectifier.

One of the guys in the store I'm buying the amp from says that the Stilleto cabs are the same as the recto cabs, is that right?

No, they're not the same, but they used "to be" Recto cabs before. They were called Rectifier Traditional before they changed the name. they're smaller and tighter in sound with less flubby low end than the oversized/standard Recto cabs, from what I've heard.

ksime1 said:
One of the guys in the store I'm buying the amp from says that the Stilleto cabs are the same as the recto cabs, is that right?

Yes. The Stiletto cab is what used to be the Recto traditional cab. It's the smaller version of what was and still is the recto standard cab.

2x12 in the Recto, Stiletto, or Roadster??? Hmmmm....

Congrads on the iv, your patience will pay off.

ARRRRRRRRGHHHHH!

Just heard from the store that I ordered the Mark IV from and they say that the shipment from California has been delayed. I won't receive it until the end of November!!

:( :( :(

6 weeks isnt really that bad as ive seen amps that have taked 6 months to get to the owners

Yeah I guess I'm being a little impatient ! Still, after being told 4-6 weeks, then finding out that it will be 8-10 weeks is a killer!

I need to crank up the Mark IV ! !

At least I still have my Dual Recto to keep me company till it arrives, it really isn't all that bad I suppose :wink:

8-10 weeks was what I was quoted for the Mark IV short head I just ordered. I am kinda glad since it give me a little time to sell some stuff to offset the purchase.

For cabinets, I really like the half-back series. My favorite cab is a halfback loaded with 4 EVM12L's or 4 MC-90's. The Thiele cabs sound good, but no where near as good as a 4x12. IF I were to use Marshall cabs, it is a tough call since I like Vintage 30's…but if I had to choose only one Marshall cab, I would use one with 4 G12-65's.

disassembled said:
That is the one advantage of buying used.

Did you get the wide or short head?

Greg

I got the medium head, the chap at the music store suggested that the reverb on the medium head is slightly better than the short head. It doesn't bother me too much though as I didn't buy the amp for its reverb !

ksime1 said:
disassembled said:
That is the one advantage of buying used.

Did you get the wide or short head?

Greg

I got the medium head, the chap at the music store suggested that the reverb on the medium head is slightly better than the short head. It doesn't bother me too much though as I didn't buy the amp for its reverb !

I think your "chap" told a white lie and was talking out of tucus.

The disadvantage with the medium head imo is that you can't fit it cleanly on a single 112 cab.

Greg

Congratulations on your decision! The Mark IV is one great amp! Don't feel bad though, I've been waiting about 13 weeks now for mine. Hopefully any day now.

I think your "chap" told a white lie and was talking out of tucus.

The disadvantage with the medium head imo is that you can't fit it cleanly on a single 112 cab.

Greg[/quote]

Yeah I was gonna go for the short head but I decided that I wanted at least a 2x12, hence my decision to go with the medium head.

So it has finally arrived! I am please to announce that I am the proud owner of a brand new Mark IV !

What a great amp, I knew it was versatile and that it had many different sounds but I am genuinely surprised with how many there are!

It's one of those amps that makes you play better, I feel like a little kid at Christmas again!

So far my favourite channel has to be lead, and with the EQ on there are so many different sounds in that one channel alone!

ksime1 said:
So it has finally arrived! I am please to announce that I am the proud owner of a brand new Mark IV !

What a great amp, I knew it was versatile and that it had many different sounds but I am genuinely surprised with how many there are!

It's one of those amps that makes you play better, I feel like a little kid at Christmas again!

So far my favourite channel has to be lead, and with the EQ on there are so many different sounds in that one channel alone!

Congrats on a killer amp. Not that it needs it, but try putting an Parametric Eq in the loop for an added tone change 8)

Back