FINALLY!!! Mark-III in the house

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwayne

Reaction score
I've been looking hard for a Mark-III or -IV for several weeks now. I barely missed some good ones and finally found a green stripe Simul-Class, Eq, EVM 1-12 combo in near mint condition.
I cannot believe the tone of this little beast. Beautiful, shimmery cleans, nice crunch, liquid leads and enough gain to scare ALL the neighbors. :twisted:

I actually like this Mark-III better than the Mark-IV I had. I do miss the footswitchable EQ and master volume of the Mark IV but the tone of the Mark-III is much better to my ears.

I got some great info from this board and I really appreciate it, guys. I passed on a couple of amps and I would not have bought this particular amp without the info I got here. Thanks to everyone who responded to my posts.

guitargonaut said:
The EQ isn't switchable? I can use a footswitch to trigger it on my MarkIII head...

D'OH!! You're right. Mine didn't come with that footswitch and I forgot that was an option.

There's 3 separate footswitches for the mark III. One is rhythm/lead, plugs in the front under input. The second is R1/R2, which plugs in on the underside of the chassisbetween the powertubes and the tranny. The third is a dual footswitch, EQ/Reverb. This plugs in under the chassis as well with a STEREO cable.
The EQ switch is awesome, and you should definitely get it.... Basically makes each channel into 2 separate channels....
They're on ebay all the time... That's where I got all 3 or mine...
ax. 8)

axwielding1 said:
There's 3 separate footswitches for the mark III. One is rhythm/lead, plugs in the front under input. The second is R1/R2, which plugs in on the underside of the chassisbetween the powertubes and the tranny. The third is a dual footswitch, EQ/Reverb. This plugs in under the chassis as well with a STEREO cable.
The EQ switch is awesome, and you should definitely get it.... Basically makes each channel into 2 separate channels....
They're on ebay all the time... That's where I got all 3 or mine...
ax. 8)

Thanks, I'll start looking. The seller of mine, who was the original owner, only had the R1/R2 and Lead Rhythm pedals.

Latest posts

Back